Thursday, September 29, 2011

Coming Home

I love the giddiness of setting out on a new bout of travel. The sense of adventure, the buzz and energy of everything that might be. I love exploring new places, meeting new people, and reconnecting with those I've already met. But you know what one of my favorite parts of a trip is?

Coming home.

I spent the past week and a half in Minneapolis and Indianapolis. The trip was entirely a personal one- no shoots, no sittings, nothing. But it was a great chance to be social with new and old friends in Minneapolis, and get some solid time in with family in Indianapolis.

And as I departed for home? Buzz. Excitement. That same hum that I get when I depart for trips, I get going home. I can't wait to get back to Colorado and sink my teeth into everything that I want, and need, to do. Building a business. 365 project. Non-profits. Income stabilization. Snuggling with Jitterbug. Exciting things, important-to-me things. Things that make it good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment