Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year

On my now-neglected, non-modeling blog, I've filled out this same year-end survey for the past several years. I'm due for an entry, so I'll fill it out with a modeling slant here:

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I moved into my car in a semi-permanent way. I spent time in the southwest.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Let's see... I did manage to shoot self-portraits in multiple places, my wireless shutter trigger is safe in my camera bag, my posing has gotten more dynamic, I roped several friends into modeling for me, and I did manage to write here on a regular basis. I've found a few nifty shoot locations in Colorado, though not as many as I would have liked to.

3. What countries did you visit?
I have yet to travel internationally for modeling. That whole tax law thing makes me uneasy.

4. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A softbox.

5. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 6th, when I moved out of my car and into a real!! house!!!-- with an address and everything!

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
One of my photos was accepted into the upcoming Dirty Show. I'm quite pleased about that.

7. What was your biggest failure?
The complete lack of work while I was in Arizona was pretty disappointing.

8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major. Jitterbug was struck with some serious GI distress while we were in LA, though.

9. What was the best thing you bought?
Gas. Food. My Alien Bee B400.

10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Oh, golly, not to name names, but... Andrew Baran always makes visits to Omaha pretty great, Shannon Piserchio has consistently been a pleasure to shoot with, and a recent collaboration with Travis Little resulted in a painting with which I am absolutely thrilled.

11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I had a couple of less-than-stellar shoot experiences, but I'd say that they left me more irritated than anything. Last-minute cancellations were similarly irritating. All in all though, I really don't have much to complain about.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Travel-related expenses

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Convincing a friend to meet me in Salt Lake City so we could spend the weekend eating our way around town. Hiking in the southwest. Acceptance into Dirty Show.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
About the same.

ii. thinner or fatter?
About the same.

iii. richer or poorer?
About the same.

Aren't I unremarkable?


15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hiking at home. Shooting. Drawing.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Driving poorly-planned routes. Indianapolis-DC-Birmingham-Indianapolis-Chicago-Indianapolis-Chicago-Indianapolis within a couple of weeks is not a clever "loop," as it turns out.

17. What did you want and get?
Rich experiences. Great images.

18.What did you want and not get?
There really wasn't anything which was seriously lacking in my life this year.

19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25, had two shoots, then took myself out to lunch.

20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A more comfortable nest for sleeping in the back of my car. It worked well enough, but the bump where the seat folds over was absolutely brutal if I lay on it wrong!

21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
As much as possible, I still wear the same clothes that I did four years ago. I avoid things that will leave marks. If it is comfortable, I am happy.

22. What kept you sane?
Snuggling with Jitterbug.

23. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can we talk about lighting or something, instead?

24. What political issue stirred you the most?
TSA issues, and related concerns over personal liberties.

25. Who did you miss?
Loved ones. Thank goodness for unlimited texting!

26. Who was the best new person you met?
Clearly this meme was not written by somebody who meets hundreds of new people every year. There were some pretty remarkable couchsurfing hosts along the way, though. I can definitely tell you that much.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Don't forget to take off the lens cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment