Sunday, May 15, 2011

Last Time Around

Seattle, Washington is where I started modeling. It is fitting that Seattle, Washington is where I will wrap up my last trip as a full-time model. As of Thursday evening, my days as a vagabonding nudie model will be done.

There's no single reason that I've decided to throw in the towel. Part of it was burn-out, and a building resentment toward my job. Part of it was extremely poor booking through late winter and early spring. And part of it was that I just hate sunblock.

So what does this mean for this blog? Well for one thing, it means that things are going to get a whole lot more honest. I've chosen not to write about things like rates, or things which I find irritating. Dropping back from full-time modeling allows me to write about those without fear of losing jobs due to surliness, or shooting myself in the foot financially. I'm sure that local work for drawing groups, painters, and the occasional photographer will also provide me with periodic inspiration and blog fodder.

Burn out aside, I could not have hoped for a better two years as a traveling model. I have worked with some incredible people. The generosity and goodness of strangers has astounded me time and time again. I was successful in but a few of the obvious ways, but in all of the ways which matter to me.

And now? Now it's time for a new adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your new adventures!
    Best,
    Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to hearing about your new adventures! I am not very crazy about sunblock either.

    B

    ReplyDelete