Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seattle, Revisited

Before I threw all my belongings into my car and became a vagabonding nudie model, I lived in Seattle. For much of that time, I worked full-time in a veterinary clinic, modeled on the side, and was a part-time student. Suffice to say, I did not have an excess of free time. My life was chaotic enough that I actively had to take my sleep needs into consideration when making plans. I was constantly on the go, and was only occasionally able to pause long enough to actually enjoy what I was doing.

Since leaving, the effect of the lifestyle change on my happiness has been readily apparent to me. I'm considerably calmer, and laugh a whole lot more than I used to. Though I still have quite the snarky edge, it isn't as biting or cynical as it used to be. I frequently have moments where I'm simply overwhelmed by how much I love life.

It has been really enjoyable to revisit Seattle on these terms. I can't convey how refreshing it's been to be able to really spend time with friends and acquaintances, and not be constantly rushed. My life is not utterly without stressors, to be sure, but I will happily trade the ones that I have now for the ones that I had then. Life is good, and that's how it ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment